You might be someone who:
- Is frustrated with the infinite amount of ‘expert’ advice on the internet, making it impossible to know which strategies work for preventing repetitive strain injuries.
- Feels overwhelmed when employees are telling you they are sore and need change.
- Lacks confidence in knowing what works and what doesn’t when it comes to the right exercises or ergonomic solutions.
- Is a Health and Safety Representative for your workplace who needs a resource for equipment or a plan to help workers relieve symptoms.
What we do:iPM Occupational therapy uses three research-based strategies to help you stop repetitive strain injuries:
- Ergonomic Analysis of equipment and work stations.
- Education for safety personnel and health talks for workers.
- Exercises specific to the type of work being performed.
- Posture Strength for Computer Users - How important is strengthening? A great example of how important strengthening can be is the research study that I referenced one of my posts. Click here to read more about it. The researchers had computer users complete a basic strengthening program. And the exercises were not complicated, these were simple dumbbell movements like lateral raises (flyes), biceps […]
- Ergonomics from Home - During the Covid-19 pandemic, many of us have had to make a sudden shift from the office to our home environment. I have been getting questions about setting up a workstation at home. Have a look at the latest video to get some tips. Enjoy!
- Office Stretches - I could show a bunch of pictures but I made a video instead. If you get sick of hearing my voice, just mute it and follow along anyway. Enjoy! <!– –>
- Remote Ergonomic Assessments - Remote Assessments This post is being written during the Covid19 pandemic where many people are working from home. I won’t try to ‘sell’ you on how great a remote assessment is because there are challenges to completing a solid ergonomic assessment without being there in person. However, it is important to make sure you are […]
- Neck Pain – Stretch or Strengthen? - What should we be emphasizing? We are constantly telling computer users to change positions, move around, walk to the copier, stand when talking on the phone and stretch when you have a minute. We have reminders on our phone, software and apps that remind us to do all of these things. I make it a […]