WHAT IS THE COMPUTER STRONG POSTURE PROGRAM?
The Computer Strong Posture Program was designed for computer users who have neck, mid back and shoulder pain or discomfort. However, it can be beneficial for anyone who sits for long periods of time (ex. lab technician, dental workers). Recent research has told us that you can reduce pain significantly by following a very basic strengthening program that targets the neck and shoulders and improve your posture at the same time. Have a look at the video for a full description.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Access to the exercises are free and are shown here. If you are comfortable performing them yourself then go for it! Keep reading for advice on the program to ensure it is safe for you. If you want a bit more guidance such as tracking your progress, receiving feedback about your exercises, monitoring your pain and function levels, and getting advice about setting up your workstation, then inquire here message us and determine if you would be a good candidate for this program.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED?
You need to find 20 minutes in your day, 3 days per week for 10 weeks to see the benefit of reduced pain and an improvement in your strength and posture. Overall, you need to commit to 10 HOURS total. The program will provide you with reminders, motivation messages and tips for posture improvement.
HOW MUCH SPACE DO I NEED?
If you can reach out in front of you and to the side without bumping in to anything, then you’ve got enough space. The exercises can be done in a room at home, at the gym, even in a cubicle or conference room.
ARE THE EXERCISES CRAZY HARD TO DO?
Nope. The exercises are basic dumbbell or theraband movements that have been around forever, but we modify them to make sure they’re safe and easy to do. Research studies are showing that basic exercises are very effective if done the right way. Click here to check out the exercises.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M DOING THE EXERCISES CORRECTLY?
There are training videos give a good demonstration for the exercises but we realize that some people need a bit more guidance. That’s why we give you options to have your technique analyzed by an Exercise Physiologist to make sure you’re doing them correctly and to help you progress them. Click here for more details on the program options.
HOW DO I KNOW THIS WILL WORK?
There is obviously no guarantee, but there are more and more high quality research studies that tell us strengthening sore neck and shoulders results in significant improvement in posture and pain levels.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I SHOULD DO THIS?
Before you participate in any fitness program, you should talk to your health care practitioners. This program is meant for people with general neck and/or shoulder discomfort. If you have medical conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, a disc herniation, neurological disorder or autoimmune disorder then this program may not be for you. Please note:
- When you start training your muscles, it is common for you to get sore muscles after training. The soreness subsides within a few hours after each workout. After approx. 2 weeks of training, the soreness after each workout will be less, and gradually the training will no longer cause soreness.
- Pain around the elbow (golfer’s or tennis elbow) and wrist can be increased by lifting weights. If such pain occurs, you should seek help to relieve the joints or choose other exercises from a knowledgeable person (eg exercise physiologist, instructor or physiotherapist).
- If some of the exercises feel uncomfortable, skip them or seek guidance from a knowledgeable person.
- If the pain in your muscles is not reduced, but you get more pain, you should ask your health care practitioner for advice.
- If you are in doubt about whether the exercises may pose a risk to you, ask your own doctor before starting the workout
WILL I HAVE SIX-PACK ABS AFTER THIS PROGRAM?
No. Just less pain.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP!